Thursday, January 1, 2009

Santa's Workshop




Welcome to Santa's newest satellite workshop. I wanted to make a very special gift for two very special little girls so I acquired a sewing machine and went to work. I had never done a project quite like this. I made an apron and a stuffed ice cream cone pillow in 8th grade Home Ec. but that was it.

This project kind of evolved as it went since I didn't have a pattern and idea's of how to do certain things just developed as I worked along for a couple of weeks. I made two identical aprons for these two 3 and 4 year old girls.

I'm including detailed pictures for my mother who I'm sure gave up on domesticating me a LONG time ago!!

Special thanks to Rebecca Elf, head of the workshop in "Santa" Clara for letting me finish this big project on her machine there since I didn't finish before I had to fly out for Christmas!




















2 comments:

Hermana Kalley McConaghie said...

I am impressed! Quite the task for such a tom boy! Ha, Ha!

Bec, Tim and Boys said...

They really did turn out super cute! I could never have made such a cute apron, especially with out a pattern! You are awesome!